Conscience.

Living in college/boarding school, it made me realise something.
I have an issue with people not turning off their fans/lights when they're not in the room.
I mean, I get it if you're going to the room next door for a bit or you went out to the loo for a few minutes, but going to the library or the DS (mess hall) that will take a while, there's no harm in turning off your fans/lights really.

It's a pity.
Such smart people study in this college.
Yet their conscience in the simplest things… is somewhat disappointing.

Who am I to talk about this, I'm not exactly a good person myself. But really, this is a tiny, tiny issue.
It doesn't take two seconds. The light switch is by the frickin door people.
When you walk out, just raise your hand a bit, and press the switch.



Yes, I know, what's wrong with not turning off the fans/lights? It's not your money that you're wasting.
It's the college's. Right?

But just sit down and think.
Islam teaches us not to waste. Islam didn't say specifically not to waste your things.
But just not to waste in general.

Quran 17:27

If you can't think about taking care of your things but not others, that just reflects on your personality. And truth be told, its not pretty.

Have you heard of the Waiter Rule? I think it's pretty much the same concept.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New mummy essentials

Our Forever.

Graduation. Onwards and upwards.