Graduation. Onwards and upwards.

Alhamdulillah. Just over two months ago, I graduated from med school.
Something that I occasionally thought might not happen.

This girl's a doctor!
After two years of IB.
Five years of medicine.
Countless exams.
I actually made it.

And now, I've just entered my second month working as a junior doctor.

I've struggled a lot through med school. My confidence has been knocked down time and time again, and towards the end of it, I honestly had close to zero confidence left.
I was worried about my capabilities as a medical student, let alone a doctor.

Alhamdulillah after a month working, I can confirm that how we do in med school doesn't correlate to how good a doctor we will be. I am slowly building back my confidence.

I am so thankful for all the love and support that I've received from my family and friends.
My mum and dad's prayers.
And my husband. God, there were difficult days where I were at my lowest. He would always be there to help me get up. The amount of faith he has in me, is unbelievable.
My best friend, who (unfortunately) had to go through the same journey with me. Having our breakdowns separately, together, but always there for each other.
The boys. Who were always willing to help with my revision when I needed help. Slowing down when I was falling behind.
Just... everybody. I wouldn't have been able to do any of it alone.

The journey has been tough.
But it has turned me into one tough cookie.

And this tough cookie is now a doctor, in Plymouth.
A completely new city, all alone, but surviving.

Dr Nur Nabilah Zainudin. MB BCh BAO. QUB Class of 2019.

May Allah ease this journey. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Forever.

New mummy essentials